Monday, September 12, 2011

Your Brain on Computers

Computers are a great thing, they store information, connect us with people and some use it to make money. I know that life is more dull with out my MacBook; especially when hurricane Irene took out my power and I was no longer able to go on my netflix account and watch movies to pass the time. Yes electronics can be distracting but you do have to be responsible enough to get your work done. I find that the article "Growing Up Digital, Wired for Distraction" is looking for excuses for kids who don't do their work. The article has many valid points and a lot I agree with; however, I know that I have never missed a summer reading assignment and that I do not make any excuses to why is anything late especially blaming it on Facebook. Some of the kids in the article would be making posts at 2:00 A.M. because they are so engaged by the internet. This is ridiculous that someone needs the internet that much for entertainment.

In another article called "Technology's Toll" one of the first questions is, "Are your Facebook friends more interesting than those you have in real life?" I know for a fact all my Facebook are people I've meet in real life. However, I do agree with the impatience that the internet and technology creates with our society. The get it done yesterday attitude towards work and play. I know that sometimes I get impatient when my pizza that I ordered doesn't arrive in forty five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment